Moving to Dubai from Pakistan
People moving to Dubai from Pakistan are often surprised that the process is less complex than they imagined. The government of Dubai has laid out the welcome mat for people from all over the world who are drawn here by the agreeable climate, ample housing, business opportunities and countless lifestyle amenities. Below, the team at 12Cheques.ae will walk you through the process of moving to Dubai.
Your Guide to Moving to Dubai from Pakistan
The first thing you will need to do is secure a visa. It is crucial that you make sure you obtain the right one for your situation. The different visas are:
- Residence Visa: A Residence Visa is good for anywhere from 1 to 10 years at a time and can be renewed.
- Employment Visa: If you have a job lined up in Dubai the employer will help you obtain an Employment Visa.
- Freelance Visa: If you are a digital nomad or work in various media jobs, you may need a Freelance Visa.
- Dependent Visa: If you have a family member already living in Dubai you may be eligible for a Dependent Visa.
- Property Ownership Visa: It is difficult to purchase property in Dubai since the country is so small. Difficult, but not impossible.
- Tourist Visa: The Tourist Visa is good for 30 days and can be renewed 2 times for a total of 90 days.
Dubai offers some of the most stunning apartments, houses and villas for rent you will find anywhere. And contrary to popular belief, it is typically cheaper to rent here than it is in London, Paris or New York. If you are on a budget, the good news is that there are also plenty of affordable accommodations to be had. We recommend doing a Google search for apartments in Dubai and filter using your financial range.
The tradition in Dubai is for landlords to request several large rent payments per year rather than smaller monthly payments. If you believe this will cause a problem for you, contact 12 Cheques. We offer a simple service that enables you to make 12 monthly payments.